Robert B. Barnett, Jr.
Family Wealth and Estate Planning
|Phone 614.628.0766; Cell 614.419.5670||Supported by |
Beth Crompton: 614.628.0786; firstname.lastname@example.org
I entered this profession for one major reason - to help people. This is what I strive to do every day.
Listed in Best Lawyers® in America for 2013. Read more.
- Practice focus: Representing individuals, executives and owners of family businesses with respect to their estate and business planning needs, including ownership succession planning and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs); Probate
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the Ohio State Bar Association; listed in the “Best Lawyers in America”; Fellow of The American College of Trust & Estate Counsel; chosen as an “Ohio Super Lawyer” since inception of the award; named by Business First as one of “Columbus’ Top Lawyers”; member of the Board of Governors of the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section of the Ohio State Bar Association
- B.S. in Business Administration, Ohio State University 1971
- J.D. cum laude, Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 1975
- Member and Past Chairman of the Columbus Bar Association: Taxation Committee; Estate and Gift Tax Committee; Tax Conference Committee; Probate Court Committee; Member Ethics Committee
- Interests: Travel; Golf; Fly Fishing; Cooking; OSU Football; Cleveland Indians & Browns
- Martindale-Hubbell rating of AV® Preeminent™*
Articles by Bob posted from the Probate Law Journal of Ohio with the permission of Thomson Reuters:
The Insurable Interest Rule: Who Kicked the Slumbering Bear -- and Did it Wake Him Up? (July/August 2006)
Thorny Issues under the Ohio Uniform Prudent Investor Act for Trustee-Owned Life Insurance: Working Toward Relief (July/August 2009)
Thorny Issues under the Ohio Uniform Prudent Investor Act for Trustee-Owned Life Insurance: Working Toward Relief (January/February 2010)
*The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings serve as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability. A rating of AV® Preeminent™ denotes that an attorney has achieved the status of “Very High to Preeminent” legal ability based on recommendations from the attorney’s peers. AV® Preeminent™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.