Bob received his law degree (J.D.), cum laude, from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 1975. He received his undergraduate (B.S.) in Business Administration from The Ohio State University in 1971.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Bob is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, where he serves on the Section Council governing board of the Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Committee. He is also a member of the Columbus Bar Association, where he has served as Chairman of the Taxation, Estate and Gift Tax Committees and Probate Court Committees, and as a member of the Ethics Committee.
Bob is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the Ohio State Bar Association; listed in the “Best Lawyers in America;” and a Fellow of The American College of Trust & Estate Counsel. He has been chosen as an “Ohio Super Lawyer” since inception of the award; and named by Business First as one of “Columbus’ Top Lawyers.”
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Articles by Bob posted from the Probate Law Journal of Ohio with the permission of Thomson Reuters:
- The Insurable Interest Rule: Who Kicked the Slumbering Bear — and Did it Wake Him Up? (July/August 2006)
- Thorny Issues under the Ohio Uniform Prudent Investor Act for Trustee-Owned Life Insurance: Working Toward Relief (July/August 2009)
- Thorny Issues under the Ohio Uniform Prudent Investor Act for Trustee-Owned Life
- Insurance: Working Toward Relief (January/February 2010)
Article in Trusts and Estates (national magazine):
- Still Nervous About That Insurable Interest (May, 2007)